Electric toothbrushes have been around for a while now but what are the advantages and are they any better than the standard manual toothbrush?
The bristles move a lot faster on an electric toothbrush compared to an ordinary manual toothbrush. Therefore it is better at removing plaque and brushing between one’s teeth. You do not need to brush so hard with an electric toothbrush. Just guide it effortlessly around your mouth, and you will be doing less work while getting a better result, cleaner whiter teeth.
If you are an arthritis sufferer, electric toothbrushes are much easier to use, because as mentioned above you do not need to work so hard. This could be said with people with arm or shoulder injuries also. Electric brushes move faster than a person’s hand can move thus removing more plaque and surface stain. This helps prevent periodontal disease and dental decay. Your oral health is linked to your systemic health; hence a healthy mouth helps eliminate cardiovascular disease, stroke, diabetes, preterm labor, etc.
Using the best electric toothbrush can give you the feeling of a dentist like clean, and they are excellent at removing stains. Cigarettes and coffee are the most common things that cause staining to your teeth. If you are a smoker and have been using a manual toothbrush then changing to an electric toothbrush has to be a very decisive action. This is because you could have been hiding a very nice set of teeth underneath all them tobacco stains.
As one of the best electric toothbrush on the market today, the Oral-B comes with great features for an affordable price. This electric toothbrush removes more plaque than a regular manual toothbrush and polishes away surface stains as it cleans.
Inspired by tools dental professionals use, this rechargeable electric toothbrush surrounds and cleans each tooth, reaching hard-to-reach areas that a regular manual brush can sometimes miss. The unique round brush head gently pulsates to break up plaque and rotates to sweep it away, removing up to 2X more plaque than a regular manual brush. Oral-B Professional Care 1000 also helps improve gum health by helping to prevent and reverse gingivitis.
I purchased the Oral-B Professional Care 1000 electric toothbrush because of the specifications, the features, and the 2-year warranty. I have been using this toothbrush for approximately a month now, and the Oral-B toothbrush claims to the most recommended by the dentists all over the world, and I can see why. The packaging is very pretty as the blue shades of color make it appear sleek and attractive, and you can also see the toothbrush through the window on the box too. It does not have too much information on the box, but the main features of the toothbrush are pointed out.
- Remove more plaque than a regular manual toothbrush
- Unique polishing cup removes surface stains as it cleans
- 2 Minute Timer: Signals after two minutes to help you brush for the recommended brushing time
- After brushing, you will yourself feel that you had a better brushing or cleaning than the manual toothbrush. This feeling comes because the rotation of the head is super fast.
- The best part is the head is of good quality, far better than the manual toothbrush. So you don’t have to take the tension of replacing the head frequently. But the manufacturer suggests the user change the head once in every six months.
- Rechargeable Battery: Overcharging is impossible
- A unique feature of the pressure sensor that gives comfort to your gums.
- Some people have complained in electric toothbrush reviews that the substances present in the box do not fulfill their requirements. However, this issue is not a big deal as I feel the necessary things are all provided.
- Battery life of Oral B Pro 1000 is something to think about if you are a big fan of a long-lasting battery. A fully charged Oral-B PRO 1000 lasts for up to 7 days with regular use. Many people have found this annoying due to their higher expectations.
Why do we recommend Oral B Pro 1000?
In terms of brushing modes, this Braun electric toothbrush definitely comes packed with a lot of power. With it, you can switch to different modes including gum care, sensitive, whitening, deep clean and tongue cleaner but you can also opt to use different types of Oral-B replacement heads. Another cool feature that we love about this Oral-B toothbrush is that has a pressure sensor which will let you know if you are brushing too hard.
Philips claims that their Sonicare DiamondClean is the best creation so far that provides oral healthcare solutions. It is clinically proven to remove plaques up to seven times better and provides superior teeth whitening up to four times better compared to manual toothbrushes. It also gives you an excellent gingival health after just two weeks. Philip aims to help maintain a healthy mouth by complementing an oral healthcare routine with a smart and convenient solution that will ensure a thorough clean for teeth and gums of its users.
Philips also took the effort to the word of the importance of good oral healthcare through their partnership with the FDI World Dental Federation. They joined them in celebrating the World Oral Health Day in March, themed “Live Mouth Smart” which empowers people to take control of their oral health months back. Through their technological innovations, Philips wants to offer people greater convenience which resulted in designing the Philips Sonicare DiamondClean. They understand how important it is to maintain oral health with efficiency and ease in the midst of a hectic daily schedule which I bet all of us are guilty of. They hope people to be proactive about teeth and gum care. Hence Philips are equipping the people with the best tool to do so.
The Sonicare DiamondClean is considered as the most loved and the best electric toothbrush for many American consumers and their dentists.
- The Sonicare toothbrush uses sonic technology to power itself up and is also hailed as the best sonic toothbrush. It can clean the teeth up to seven times better than a manual toothbrush can.
- It comes with seven different brushing modes, all guaranteed to help get those healthy and beautiful pearly whites.
- If you have trouble taking coffee, tea or tobacco stains off your teeth, this toothbrush will help you with that.
- Sonicare toothbrushes also have a timer to let encourage you to brush for two minutes. It also contains a Quadpacer that will tell you to change quadrants every 30 seconds.
- And, unlike other electric toothbrushes in the market, this one also has an illuminated display which gives off an even more high-tech feel.
- Unlike Oral B Pro 1000, no pressure sensor to alert you if you are brushing too hard.
- Cannot withstand fall. Philips Sonicare DiamondClean toothbrushes are reported to be built of low quality, so be careful while using it.
- While there is no doubt that its sleek, modern design and the cool charging stations make it a strong contender against the Oral B toothbrush, I feel like it cannot compete with the Bluetooth technology and brush head compatibility.
Why choose Sonicare Diamondclean Toothbrush?
You can get whiter teeth within just a week of using the DiamondClean and healthier gums in two weeks. But, another thing I really love about this Philips toothbrush is that it comes with fantastic technology. The glass that comes with the package has a conduction technology to that it charges a resting toothbrush, as long as it is connected to the charging base. Even its travel case charges the toothbrush if you connect it via USB or plug it to a wall.
Given the status 'supreme,' there is nothing that you can take away from Issa 2 toothbrush. Foreo Issa 2 is a world-class battery-operated toothbrush. This brush provides a decent cleaning to your mouth. The manufacturers of this toothbrush have focused on the design of it. Foreo Issa 2 gives an incredible battery life and is inherited from its predecessor ISSA. It boasts of both the polymer and silicone bristles cleaning away plaque while keeping your gums healthy. The head of the brush is very flexible giving you the freedom to access the inner side of the mouth. This toothbrush looks futuristic with advanced features and stylish looks.
Foreo Issa 2 electric toothbrush vibrates 11000 times in a second which may sound a bit messy and can give you an image of a tiny drilling machine. However, I can assure you that this vibrational clock speed makes it hard for the plague to remain on the surface once they come in contact with the toothbrush.
The sonic brush heads are very soft and do not put any pressure on the teeth or gums anyhow. So you do not need to panic about getting bruised gums and bleeding teeth roots. So a child as well as an old person, everybody can use Foreo Issa 2 without any fear and hesitation.
- Sporting unique looks Foreo Issa 2 can become anyone's favorite at any moment.
- High-quality polymer and silicone present a caring touch to your teeth and gums. The durable coating lets you feel good in the hand.
- The sonic technology that Foreo Issa 2 uses is the killer feature that keeps it unique from others.
- The brush sports an adjustable intensity feature, and it gives you 16 different settings for the same.
- Astonishingly Foreo has decided to incorporate a timer with 30-second countdown pacer and automatic power off.
- Foreo Issa 2 features 12 months battery life from a single charge and with no dip in its performance unless broken. The battery life of Foreo Issa 2 has astonished many customers over time and continues to do so.
- Sixteen settings are a bit too much for ordinary people. And obviously, you will not keep on adjusting the settings.
- The USB cable is a bit fiddly which according to me is not a big issue.
- The price of this brush is quite high. This is mostly because of the fact that it supports 11,000 pulsations per minute.
- A few people on electric toothbrush reviews have reported that the travel case is not up to the standards which may contradict with its price.
Why do we recommend Foreo Issa 2 Toothbrush?
The only thing that prevents me from keeping this toothbrush on the top is the high cost and less popularity. However as stated earlier, the price of this device is very high due to the advanced technology that it sports and the less popularity of the brand does not justifies the reason for neglecting the brush once you take into account its specifications. So you can give this brush a try without anything to fear.
The Final Stand
All the three brushes described are unique in its own way and are ruling the market of electronic brushes. So there is no particular reason for choosing one as each has their own specification and dominates the recommendation list of many dentists. It is entirely dependent on the user which brush to pick from and according to what aspect.
For example, those users who are concerned about the cost of the brush can check out Oral B Pro 1000 as it costs the least among the three which is $70 followed closely by Philips Sonicare Diamondclean which costs around $80. Foreo Issa 2 is the most expensive toothbrush at $170 and so may not please many of you. However, if you are looking for the best sonic toothbrush with advanced features and top-notch performance, then Foreo Issa 2 is your only choice. It throws a fierce competition to its competitors performance-wise. With elegant looks and unique design, no one can match Foreo Issa 2. Therefore if you are not thinking about the price of your toothbrush, then you can easily choose the Foreo.